Last night I got home and decided to throw together a fake Alfredo sauce made with The Laughing Cow light cheese wedges. These things aren't really as wonderful as nice, real, yummy cheese, but they do make for a great sauce! I've seen this recipe all over the place, so I'm not quite sure who to attribute it to.
All in all, al"fake"o sauce is NOT as good as the real thing, and even after years of eating it, I'm still trying to get used to whole wheat pasta. But this was a great dish for one, and so filling I thought I was going to EXPLODE! Although it did remind me of a frozen dinner, I think I'll make it again. It's quick, simple, and healthy.
Here's the Recipe:
- 3 light Swiss Laughing Cow cheese wedges
- 1/2 Tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
Combine all in a sauce pan and stir until smooth, might take up till 20 minutes. Pour over pasta
- Eyeballed amount of whole wheat pasta you think you can eat
Cook according to package directions
- Steam fresh broccoli in the microwave
- Pre-cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
Combine into pasta, after heating each in the microwave, or any other method you desire
Here's What I Got:
All the goods for the sauce:
The rest of the dish:
I kind of love the look of steamed broccoli (please notice my Amish Friendship Bread started in the background. This is an upcoming blog post):
Whole Wheat Pasta, cooked and ready to go:
All together now!
What I Learned:
- I don't like garlic powder, and I would've rather just used fresh garlic, I'm not sure why I didn't
- This is a good fast "I live alone meal" and I'll make it again
- I LOVE FRESH PRODUCE! I'm in such a better mood when I'm eating healthy fresh veggies and fruits. In fact I'm snacking on blueberries, blackberries and strawberries as I type! yum.
Thanks for stopping by!