Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dear Costco, Will you Marry Me?

Costco-
You make me so happy. You're produce? DELICIOUS. The Samples? The best part of the trip. The random kitchen items and cute tops? a wonderful combination. Unnecessarily large boxes of cereal and bags of almonds? irresistible. The bargains? RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!

Love,
Kara

This past weekend I hijacked my mom's Costco card and loaded up on TONS of food. Fresh organic fruits and veggies, meats, breads, cereal, the works. In fact, I just ate one of the most yummy plums of my life. While I was there, I picked up a box of individually packaged roasted red pepper and mango glazed mahi mahi. I couldn't wait to try it!

Now, I'm a convenience girl. So I just popped that lil' fishy right into the microwave for 6 minutes and let it cook, you could bake it if you want. In the meantime, I needed some sides. So I busted out the ol' George Foreman, some fresh asparagus, and THESE!!!!

Please tell me these are not the cutest little peppers you ever did see!!



I didn't really "cook" anything in this meal.
Here's what I did:

- Put package of fish in Microwave
- Sprayed George Foreman with olive oil cooking spray, threw on the asparagus, some kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper, then I topped it off with a little dusting of Parmesan
- Cut up those tiny little bits of joy called peppers and grilled them up
- CHOWED DOWN

It was such a satisfying meal, in such a short amount of time, I couldn't help but post it.

Here's what I got:
Roasted red pepper and mango mahi mahi with grilled asparagus and peppers


What I learned:
- I may try baking the fish next time, I may not
- I'll go home and figure out what brand this stuff is and let you know
- I rekindled my relationship with the Foreman
- I still love you Costco

Thanks for stopping by!

~Kara

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't had a plum in AGES.

And so as not to bombard your blog with comments, this is in regards to your previous post: whole wheat pasta = yum!

hayden said...

I know what you mean about Costco! I have a Sam's Club membership and they are so good about having organic fruits & veggies...they also have a really yummy blackened salmon that I like to microwave. However, I did learn a fun new Foreman tip from you...thanks!

I hope you don't mind, but I linked you on my blog!

Lindy said...

Thanks for the inspiration -- I grilled some asparagus tonight (although not on the foreman) & my hubby loved it.